This scholarship is for individuals who exemplify hard work, dedication to the sport of equestrian, good sportsmanship, and leadership. We will select one rider from each age category. The applicant must plan to show in the upcoming show season. Each Term takes place from January 1st to December 31st. Applications must be submitted by August 31st for the following season.
- Horse Show Benefits
- Stall fee waived
- Class entry fees & ring nomination waived
- Exhibitor & Paramedic fees waived
- VIP Parking Pass
- VIP Timberframe
- Entitled to keep all prize money won
- Additional Benefits
- $1,000 Cash Riding Bursary
- Tbird Swag Bag including baseball hat, t-shirt, backpack and sweatshirt.
- Two George & Dianne Tidball Legacy Foundation Saddle Pads
- George & Dianne Tidball Legacy Foundation Stall Guard
- Display G&DTL Stall Guard at all Thunderbird Horse Shows attended during Scholarship year
- Wear G&DTL Saddle Pad when appropriate during horse shows
- Occasional assistance for ring awards presentations
- Represent Thunderbird Show Park in a positive way
- Minimum of two Social Media posts during each Tournament attended tagging Thunderbird Show Park
Thunderbird Show Park Please note that George & Dianne Tidball Legacy Foundation Scholarship recipients are still required to submit Show Entries via www.showgroundslive.com Scholarships do not guarantee automatic entries into Tournaments.
As part of your application, please provide two short videos. The first video should be a highlight reel of you and your horse(s). For the second video, please introduce yourself and tell us why you think you would be a good candidate for the scholarship.
Videos should be between 90 seconds – 3 minutes in length. Please upload the videos to YouTube and copy the links into your application or contact us for an alternate way to send the videos.